In addition to all Obsidian Fleet Rules and Regulations, there are a number of rules aboard Columbia. By submitting an application, you agree to follow these rules. These are here to make simming a positive experience for all. The rules are:
– Please Have fun! If there is something or someone that is making your time with Columbia less enjoyable, let us know so we can discuss a way to remedy the situation.
– Be active and post. This is what we're here for! Please try to post at least once a week.
– Please write in the third person narrative form using the past tense.
– Respect the ship and your crew members
– Be conscious of our PG-13 rating. Please respect this. Refrain from vulgar language and under no circumstances will pornographic or gratuitously violent material be allowed. If in doubt, a player should err on the side of caution. A good rule of thumb is if you wouldn't want your grandmother to see it, don't post it.
– Do not use a player's character without permission.
– Please make tags in posts more than a single line of speech. Remember that we use the narrative form. This means that you should include your character's actions, feelings, thoughts etc.
– In the event that you cannot post, request a leave of absence. A player should request an LOA if they are going to be away for one week to a month. We are an accommodating sim, so if there is ever a situation in which it is impossible to post, please contact the CO, and we will work something out.
– The CO will start and end the mission.
– The plot of the mission is typically at the discretion of the CO, however we are always looking for contributions from the sim, so every mission will be inclusive of the entire crew. Furthermore, you are encouraged to come to the CO with Mission ideas!
– If for some reason, you are having difficulties with another sim member, please discuss it in private. If this fails to resolve the situation, refer to the chain of command, and bring your concern to your department head, who will then bring it to the attention of the command staff.
– If a player is not satisfied with the decisions made, they are encouraged to contact Obsidian Fleet's JAG Office without any fear of penalty or reprisal.
We will follow a three strike policy to ensure that players are held accountable and to make a positive simming environment.
– Strikes will be kept private.
– It is our policy is to issue a written warning for first offenders.
– Three (3) Strikes will result in removal from the sim.
– Strikes are removed at the rate of 1 every 3 months after the date they were issued.
– Strike-earning offenses include (but are not limited to):
- the failure to respect another player's work
- harming or injuring a character without the permission
- being disrespectful to other members of the crew
– If it has been determined by the CO that a crew member has gone Absent Without Leave (AWOL), he has the sole right to remove you from the crew.
– You must be over 13 years of age to join. If you are found to be under that age, you will be removed from the sim, automatically.
– HAVE FUN!